Thursday, September 24, 2009

Set Backs on my No Shampoo Experiment


Considering that my hair is very oily, and I was used to shampoo-ing it every day with normal harsh shampoo, such as Herbal Essences. This experiment was not going to be an easy feat. It will be a huge shock to my hair, as it adjusts.

I have been washing my hair every day (not sure if that's a good idea, but I do need to look somewhat presentable for work during this adjustment period) with either just water or an apple cider vinegar rinse, and brushing my hair out with the boar bristle brush (love that!). Anyhow, my hair was just too oily yesterday, and went to pick up a gentle shampoo that I saw while searching for my boar bristle brush.

I made sure to massage and scrub my hair vigorously and use only a minimal amount in the shower this morning. (Boy, did I miss shampoo!) I don't plan on using any shampoo tomorrow, or the day after. Just water and maybe the apple cider vinegar rinse.


I also took a look at the organic aisle at Loblaw's. Kiss My Face's products looked promising, and I loved the smell. So, maybe I can tweek my experiment to using shampoo once every 3 days or so, until I ween off of it completely.

I will also be postponing my haircut scheduled for next week until a month later so that my hair can settle into this new routine. With my longer hair, at least I have the option to tie it up in a pony tail :) or leave it in a hat for weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment